Nope. We were not planning a baby as yet... but we were not ruling out the possibility. I was 36.
2. What were your reaction?
Shocked... walked around in a daze. Got another test kit. Same positive result.
Called the husband.
3. How did you find out you were pregnant?
Was on the Pill (!!) and menses did not arrive during the '7-day window'. Hunger was a nagging, uncontrollable addiction.
4. Who did you tell first?
5. Did you find out the sex?
Yes. At 20 weeks. He made sure he showed everyone he's a boy even without detailed 4D scanning.
6. Did you have morning sickness?
Not at all... I had the entire opposite of that. I wanted to eat every second of the day!
7.What did you crave?
Ice-cream. Suckling pig. Burgers. Potatoes.
(Stuff which I normally don't fancy much)
8. Who / What irritated you the most?
Nothing did!! I was laughing and happy all the time, which is the entire opposite of my real self!
9. Did you wish you had a different gender from what you obtained?
Yes. Daddy hoped for a girl, too.
10. How many kilos did you gain during the entire pregnancy?
16kg. 10kg of it was during the 1st trimester! I looked like a beached whale without much of a stomach.
11. Where did you think the baby was conceived?
At home - prior to a crazy night out with good friends. Maybe the alcohol hazed environment made it more conducive?
12. Did you have any complications during the pregnancy?
Not at all... have never felt better! There were the usual bloating and water retention problems, but nothing that was too tough to handle. Had it easy!
13. Where did you give birth?
Would love to say back of a taxi or at work or something... but it was at Mt Elizabeth Hospital.
14. How many hours were you in labour?
Labour? What's that?!
15. Who watched you give birth?
Whoever was in the operating theatre.
16. Was it natural, or C-Sect?
Elective C-Sect, with General Anaesthesia.
17. Did you take medication to ease the pain?
Only what they administered after I came to. Stopped the painkillers when that bag's done.
18. When was your child born?
6 January 2011
19. What is his / her name?
His name is Caden Uriah Moo.
20. How old is he today?
He turned TWO last January... and he's more trouble than what we bargained for, but he's also more than triple the fun!
Do share your Twenty Answers too!
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.mummymoo.com/search/label/Tuesday%27s%20Thoughts" title="MummyMOO" target="_blank"><img src="http://i50.tinypic.com/30be6mq.png" alt="MummyMOO" style="border:none;" /></a></div>